The first of these is the Basic Radio Operator and Cyber Awareness Blue Badge. The Blue badge is an introduction to the competent use a radio for general administrative duties and small exercises where the use of correct procedures must be demonstrated. There is also a requirement to watch the introduction to Cyber Security video that looks at; online footprints, texting, sexting and cyber bullying
- Complete the Basic Radio Communications subject at First Class Cadet level
- Demonstrate the competent use of a radio for communications
- Watch the introduction to Cyber Security video
There are three stages to the Radio Specialist training, they are as follows:
The aim of this badge is to give a cadet the skills required to be a radio operator for a flight of cadets during an exercise. There are 3 parts that need to be completed in order to gain this badge. However to be eligible to complete this badge you must have completed the Basic Radio Operator and Cyber Awareness Blue Badge.
- Technical Skills and Radio Deployment.
- Complete a Residential course delivered by HQ Air Cadets
There are three stages to the Cyber Specialist training, they are as follows:
This training aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to understand and protect oneself from the dangers inherent in modern information and communication technology. Complete a 1 day introduction to Cyber communications course
- Understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- Analyse problems and have practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve these problems
- Evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- Pass the Local and Wide Area Networking course by self-study of the training material, if not already achieved
- Complete a one week residential Cyber course at either No1 Radio School at RAF Cosford or by an industry partner